Nothing can be more exciting than purchasing a home. It's the place that centers around your livelihood. For many, it will be the biggest investment they'll ever make, so doing everything possible to keep it protected is of the most importance. U.P. Insurance Agency is here to provide a comprehensive homeowner's insurance policy for your family.
Understanding How Home Insurance Works
You can think of a home insurance policy as a financial safety net should you suffer damage to your home. It would also include coverage to protect any personal belongings you have inside the house, the need to stay in a temporary residence, or even possible legal action taken against you. If you have a mortgage with a lender, they will require you to have a policy throughout the term.
What Can I Expect With My Policy?
Just like other insurance policies, there is the ability to customize your home protection plan to fit your needs, but it generally includes the following:
- Dwelling- protects the actual home, with structures like the roof and attached structures like the garage
- Other detached structures like a barn, pool, fence, or shed
- Personal properties like electronics and furniture
- Temporary living- would provide somewhere to live while your home is being repaired
- Liability coverage- protects you should someone file lawsuit who got injured on your premises
- Medical- pays for costs for someone who got hurt on your property who isn't a resident
Get A Homeowner's Insurance Policy
Your home is one of the essential assets in your life, so let U.P. Insurance Agency provide the protection you deserve. We are an independent agency in Negaunee, MI that is dedicated to meeting your needs. Find out how we can provide you with the right policy for you. Contact us for a free quote today to get started.